Bringing excellence to patient care
Front line healing at its best
The heart of your reputation
At Alive, we acknowledge the importance of working from the top down so that your nurses, regardless of their position in the organization, feel supported by their leaders. We are also very cognizant of the fact that we need to do more for our nurses and realize that they are often the first impression of your organization. For years they have been overworked and given very little leadership skill sets to handle some of the most crucial work in your organization. At Alive, we have always worked from the inside out to get lasting results that participants and their organizations can be proud of. It is much more powerful, effective and sustainable when your nurses lead from their core being, versus from a leadership model that does not belong to them. To achieve lasting results, the nurse leader must surface from within.
“Nurses do great things every day. But in extreme circumstances, a few nurses shine more than others. They do things above and beyond. These are the nurses who selflessly rise above their own expectations and who provide the care that can only be called heroic.” Jocelyn Cerrudo Sese
To inspire the natural leader out of your nurses so that they can feel more confident, focused and productive as role models of your organization-bringing the best of themselves and engaging others to do the same. This will lead to a positive culture change and a renowned reputation of excellence in your community, resulting in a reduction of overall costs. There will be a drastic reduction in sick days, sick leave and conflicts, such as bullying and horizontal/hierarchical violence-the high costs to your organization.
- To create conditions, support and learning towards personal growth as a leader
- To develop tools on how to manage self
- To bring awareness and understanding of different strengths and how to work with them
- To understand personal impact on others and how to change the behaviour to achieve the desired results
- To create awareness of choice
- To prepare the next generation of high-performance nursing leaders for excellence
- Creating a fun and safe environment
- Experiential learning
- Interactive learning
- “No telling” model, encouraging participants to learn from their experiences versus someone telling them what they have to do
- Providing new tools and possibilities versus fixing the symptoms
- Sustained personal & professional development
The Nursing Leadership program includes but is not limited to: Leading Self & Engaging Others.
The Leading Self program provides the participants with a clear understanding of who they are, who they want to be as an individual in relationship with others, the impact they presently have, the roadblocks in their way, and concrete tools to achieve their goals.
The Engaging Others program includes Acknowledging Others & Developing Relationships. The participants move from self-discovery and empowerment to now clearly learning to communicate effectively. They will learn what defines a relationship and how the pieces of leading self contribute to the quality of all relationships. They will learn coaching skills, the difference between roles & responsibilities and the dimensions of trust. They will make choices that honour themselves and the relationships they are engaged in. The participants will be part of an Appreciative Inquiry project that will help them expand their Leading Self to Engaging Others.
Both programs include working one-on-one with a coach, to reinforce the individual learning. The group will also be part of a Leadership Circle that will bring human interaction and healthy conversations focused on intentional listening, hearing and sharing of stories. The reward is a self-developed culture that is longing to be carried out of the circle.
The next step is to take your leaders to be involved with you in the community and to expand to global projects. We will co-create from what is, to what can be, one step at a time. Together we will resuscitate healthcare and bring life back to your people and the way we care.
The Nursing Leadership program has helped organizations change their entire culture. There is a common language, mindset and role modelling that permeates the organization. The people are happier and more alive in the workplace and in their personal lives. When you give people the tools they can use in their personal lives, they will show up for you at work as their true selves. They are not performing for you during their work hours; they are showing up as proud leaders of their life. It’s a win/win for everyone.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
The benefits experienced through coaching are as unique as the individuals themselves, impacting not only careers, but lives. Some of the most noted outcomes from our sessions are:
- Articulated vision for the desired work culture
- New skills for constructive, collegial interactions and how to proactively deal with conflict
- Taking on personal responsibility
- Self-direction-being more self-reliant
- Increased self-esteem, self-worth, self-confidence
- Increased productivity through being more efficient and effective
- Improved communication skills
- Handling challenge more effectively
- Increased trust-more involvement, leading to feeling trusted and trusting others
- Increased morale–through higher value of their position and impact on the organization
- Increased respect and team work
- Increased clarity, action and results
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
Decreased Cost to the Organization due to:
- employee engagement
- reduced sick days/sick leave
- reduced conflict
- reduced complaints
Improved Patient Care due to:
- employee engagement
- all above list of benefits