Circles of Humanity in Healthcare©
We are inviting the voices of healthcare to come together and share their wisdom and perspectives on the issues of humanity in healthcare.
Are you a healthcare professional, a patient, or a family member who wants their voice to be heard? Then your voice is needed.
Our capacity to increase our scope of practice and skills, using new technology and research-based approaches to medicine, have profound impact on the human being responsible. How can we ensure we are not creating more overwhelm, burnout, stress, mental health issues, broken relationships etc.? What are we doing to look after the human being in our possibly inhumane expectations?
It is important for us to come together and define humanity in healthcare, acknowledge what is working well, get to the root of what is not working and begin to collectively find some solutions. At ALIVE in Healthcare, we believe that we cannot individually find the solution, as it is important to understand what other key parts of the healthcare system are experiencing. We are too quick to blame, when seeking to understand will help break the isolation and expand our world views.
This is what we hope to achieve in the Circles of Humanity©.
- Bringing different voices together, seeking to understand each other
- Defining what is working well and why
- Defining what is not working well and why
- Sharing of perspectives to expand each other’s world views and understanding
- Creating connections in the circles to get the support needed to make the necessary changes, big and small
- Providing access to others in our healthcare system to learn from our conversations
- Including the human being in our ever-evolving healthcare system
What can you expect
- Circles accessible to all healthcare professionals, and extended to selected patients and families
- 12 participants and two (2) co-leaders per circle
- Attendance required between 12:00-15:00 on the selected date
- Lunch provided 12:00-13:00
- Circles will be 90 minutes in length from 13:00-14:30 pm
- Dress code: business casual
- Format: questions will be asked by two (2) co-leaders and all participants will be given the opportunity to respond
- Filming: all participants will be asked to sign a contract authorizing videotaping of the event for promotional purposes.
What is in it for you?
- To be part of a bigger purpose in healthcare
- A change to exercise the right of having your voice heard
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people and build purposeful relationships
- To make a difference
- A 50% discount to our annual conference after participating in the circles
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
2111 Finch Avenue West, Toronto
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Let us know if you, or someone you know, is a willing champion on this mission to Lead from Humanity in Healthcare.
Connect with Liliane de Vries at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.